Affirmations, the constant repeating of certain words, have the effect of forming new thought patterns and habits which can be developed for personal growth and achieving your goals. Affirmations can indeed be life changing.
So it therefore comes as no surprise that you get the likes of a number of highly successful people, celebrities such as Oprah Winfrey, Al Pacino, Anthony Robbins, and Morgan Freeman, who use affirmations.
Affirmations work in principle by way of the ‘Laws of Attraction:’ On the level of both the conscious and subconscious life shows up for you as a result of what you’ve focused your thoughts, feelings, emotions and attitude on.
An affirmation is a carefully and thoughtfully put together statement which is used repetitively at regular times for the intention of gearing your conscious and subconscious thoughts, feelings, emotions and attitude into a positive state for personal effectiveness.
It should be noted that affirmations should always be written and used for the purpose of being in the here and now. Thus they should be present tense statements like “I am…” or “I have…” Also, make use of impacting, personal uplifting words that run consistent with your own manner of speaking.
Here’s an opportunity: To manifest an intended outcome, how about trying out the following affirmations to see what you can get out of them? By the way, it’s okay if you want to modify these affirmations into what’s better fitting for you.
1. I am healthy through an excellent diet, regular exercise, a positive outlook on life, and avoidance of nasty toxins.
2. I love and accept myself for the way I am and the way I am not.
3. I love and accept my family and friends for the way they are and the way they are not.
4. I see my mistakes or shortcomings as an opportunity for learning and developing.
5. I understand that mastery is the result of many failures.
5. I am committed to helping others in any way I can.
6. I am committed to seeing the ‘big picture’ in things.
7. I instantly respect other fellow human beings.
8. I have a steady income with which I am satisfied.
9. I don’t hold any life-long grudges against those who have hurt me.
10. I realize that life begins where my comfort zone ends.
11. I am part of the solution to the world’s problems.
12 I own my fears rather than my fears owning me.
13. I am willing to be courageous and avoid the risk when life calls me into inspirational creative action.
14. I am responsible.
15. I take time out for relaxing.